Hi All, here is a trail update for Wednesday, July 3, 2019:
The Sawtooth National Forest has issued an updated sheep report:
- One band is moving north of Silver Creek toward the King Creek/Cherry Creek area.
- A band is on top of Panther Gulch and will be moving toward the North Fork of Deer Creek before moving on toward Poison Flat.
- One band is entering the forest on 7/4 through the Wolftone Creek area and then trailing to the Warm Springs Allotment.
- On 7/9 a band is scheduled to move from the Deer Creek/Curran Allotment and through the Greenhorn Creek area.
- A band is in Hulen Meadows and it will be continuing north toward Fox Creek.
- A band is on the Lake Creek Allotment and it is moving toward Taylor Canyon.
- One band of sheep is in the vicinity of Eagle Creek
A couple of other bands of sheep are on allotments that are further afield, you can read the full report by clicking on this link: July 3, 2019 Sawtooth National Forest Sheep Report
The Ketchum Ranger District Trail Crew has removed the footbridge that was structurally unsound on the Osberg Ridgeline Trail. The former bridge was the second footbridge up from the end of Baker Creek Road. They have built a temporary route through that should pose no problems for hikers or bicyclists carrying their bikes through. Equestrians and motorcycle riders may find the path thorough to be difficult to negotiate, or even unsafe for passage.
Updated Trail and Road Reports, and a “Know Before You Go” 4th of July info sheet have been distributed by the Sawtooth National Recreation Area. Click the links below to read the reports:
Thank you to the trail professionals and trail volunteers doing authorized maintenance in the valley. Without you we would be going nowhere!
The next Wood River Trails Coalition volunteer trail work event is on Saturday, July 13 starting at 10 a.m. on the brand-new Alden Gulch Trail. Email the coalition’s Executive Director Sara Gress for more info at email@example.com, or visit the Coalition’s event page here: Alden Gulch Work Day Event
Happy 4th of July!